Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Does a Shave make a difference?


Recently a close friend of mine had a confession to make.  He is an old fashioned shaver.  In the age of electronic this and that he had cut through the noise to find a shave that, according to him, was the best he ever had.

Be forwarned this not for a quickie shave; a one time event between you and your disposable shaving partner.  This is a commitment to excellence.  A fine art that is being revived through social media and personal experience.

Two days later I stared long into the mirror at my own face ready for the task at hand.  I was hesitant at first but curious.  Will this be the shave I've been looking for?  The shave of a safety razor. 

What I used:

Merkur Long Handled Chrome Safety Razor

Variety Pack of Blades  - (I recommend getting the variety pack of blades because you don't know which is best until you try them.)

Tweezerman Men's Shaving Brush

Shaving Bowl (I didn't use this exact one but listed as example and because its highly recommended)

Col. Ichabod Cond Glycerin Soap

First, fill up the sink with hot water.  Put the safety razor with blade attached into the water.  Let it heat up.  Wet your brush.  Swirl the brush into the soap 10-15 times.  Put brush in bowl and swirl until foamy.  Press brush on face letting soapy goodness cover area to shave.  Angle razor and shave slowly.  Repeat 2-3 times for best shave. 

After doing this two times, I can honestly say, its a great shave.   



No comments:

Post a Comment