Friday, May 17, 2013

Land's End Canvas - Poplin shirts Review



Now that spring and summer is upon us, I want to discuss the miracle of poplin.  I have other fabrics that I will write up later but for now lets look at poplin offered by Land's End Canvas.  I purchased three shirts recently for two reasons, one is the fabric, poplin is lightweight, breathes well, perfect for summer and the second is because I loved the patterns.

Let me talk about quality for a minute.  I've been very impressed by Land's End.  Here is what I've noticed:
  • Double stiching where it counts, where two pieces of fabric meet
  • Cotton is soft and breathable. 
  • Button Down collar
  • Cut is not super slim but gives a relaxed trim look.  Very modern.  
The white shirt is meant to be versatile, easy to match with anything in my wardrobe.  I wore this on Tuesday and couldn't be happer.  This puts a white shirt into my rotation that has a refined blue stripe that is very flattering. 

Plaid Poplin


 I also wanted a casual, mix it up shirt with a basic patten. I like having a shirt that is versatile enough to wear year round but is casual enough to dress up with a navy blazer.  This shirt fits the bill.  The colors are vibrant without being obnoxious.  They offer other colors and patterns but remember more color isn't always better.




Red Gingham







Lastly, the red (garnet on the website) small gingham shirt.  I think this is the most underrated summer shirt of all time.  Everyone should own one of these.  The Land's End red gingham is clearly red (was worried about coming off a weird shade of pink) and looks great under a navy blazer, with shorts, and can be dressed up or down.


I'm not disappointed in my purchases, no buyers remorse.  As with all shirts I still needed to tailor the tail as I'm 5'11" and every shirt is at least one to two inches too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment